Monday, January 5, 2009

2. the happy hippo


I sent a thank you letter to Carolyn for the camera I purchased with the money she gave me. I drew my camera and put a mini-print of a picture we took at Thanksgiving inside the lens, and smacked the whole thing on the front of the envelope.


This Black-Bellied Plover was cute, but I thought he might be destined for greater things. At the last minute I added the top-hat and spotlight...it probably would've looked better had I conceived it from the start, but I like the idea.

Ok, so it's time to gear up for the hippo story about Gertrude, thus I'm going to have to start learning how to draw hippos!! They are difficult to draw and especially to give color to....I'm going to have to do a thousand of these guys!

Peer said this one looks like a Buffalo-Hippo--I was also surprised at the little mustachio growing! I LOVE hippo ears, they are so cute and stubby. They also have nice eyelashes.

1 comment:

  1. I like hippo ears too! Especially, when they twitter at a high pace rpm.

    ReplyDelete